Tomorrow’s New Moon (or today’s, depending on your time zone) is a powerful force! It’s bringing fire, magic and soooo much transformation.
We just connected to higher realms and frequencies with the Lionsgate Portal on 8-8. Now, the New Moon and Partial Solar Eclipse are throwing their energies into the cosmic bucket to prep the soil for new beginnings.
Radical changes are lingering in the atmosphere, life-altering breakthroughs, transformations, going after what we want and a lot of healing is taking place with this Leo transit alone, not to mention the added intensity and energy of the solar eclipse (or planets in Retrograde).
Solar Eclipses are transformational events that push us outside of our boundaries and comfort zones, show us what we’ve been hiding just out of sight. Basically they bring our shadow into the light so it can be transformed, so we can bare our souls, be who we truly are, align with our purpose/soul and honor it. This particular eclipse is highlighting what is and isn’t working in our lives so we can reflect upon it and move on once and for all and go on to bigger, brighter and better things. Changes within the self and in the collective are no surprise with this energy around.
This is a powerful time for profound work that could change the course of our lives, a time to detox and purge all areas of our beings; physical, emotional and spiritual. It is the absolute perfect time to cleanse in order to make more space for all that’s coming for us. It’s also a time to be thinking collectively, consciously, not just from ego or a selfish place. We do not exist just as individuals, for we’re all connected and can affect others.
This is a time to work on ourselves in order to grow, learn, heal, be more genuine and caring. It’s time to raise our vibration, heal ourselves and align with our multidimensional and earthly gifts not just for ourselves, but for the greater good so may may serve humanity and our home planet.
Also remember we’re still smack in the middle of Mercury Retrograde, so we still won’t have full clarity until Mercury goes direct. Proceed with caution and don’t give way to haste. Patience, let things flow and breathe. Truths will be revealed once the energies have had some time to settle. Remember that there may be miscommunication issues or some types of misunderstandings while this transit is still present, so keep that Leo fire in check, ego in check and be very mindful of your actions and words.
During a Solar Eclipse, the vibration and frequency of energies on Earth are affected. Seeing as we are all a part of these vibrational frequencies, we might even be feeling some slight changes or physical reactions, Pay attention to whatever your body and spirit are telling you, really listen and take notice.
As with any New Moon, intentions are KEY, we must have clarity on the seeds we want to plant in order to harvest in our lives. It’s a moment to let dreams fly off and do the groundwork so they will manifest. For this particular New Moon, I feel we’re being asked to think collectively too, instead of just thinking of ourselves and our lives. We DO have the power to change our world, but it starts by changing and improving ourselves.
For this particular phase, you can try any or all of these. If you do, I’d love to see or hear about it!
To prepare your physical and energetic body for your ceremony or ritual, you can go with one of these:
- Take a bath or shower with sea salt – This always has a recharging effect, not just cleansing.
- Use a selenite or crystal quartz and pass it along your entire body, from the head down to the toes. Envision yourself covered in white light.
- If you have rose water – you can spray some on your body as you visualize it cleansing your aura and energetic body.
- Smudge yourself with Sage or Palo Santo – make sure the smoke makes contact with your entire body at some point.
- Holy Water spray – Spray this all over your body as you ask for your Angels’ aid to help you clear stuff out.
While you are cleansing yourself with any of the above, you can say: “I allow this (bath/rose water/quartz/smoke/Holy Water) to clear any and all energies that do not serve me and those energies which aren’t mine. And so, it is done”.
Cleansing Your Sacred Space
After you’ve cleaned your energetic and physical body, it’s time to cleanse and revitalize your Sacred Space. Fortunately, a lot of the techniques used for the personal cleanse, can also be used for spaces (mind the sea salt!).
- Smudge with Palo Santo or Sage – After you’ve smudged, open up a window so that smoke leaves the room and the room can breathe a little.
- Meditation cleanse – You can do a visualization meditation in order to cleanse your altar or Sacred Space.
- Sea salt spray – Spray some on or around the space to be cleared but be careful, some of your tools or sacred objects may have a negative reaction to salt.
- Holy Water – Spray and pray.
As you are doing this, you can say: “Cleanse this space of negative energy, low vibrations and intentions. Let this space invite warmth, light and harmony into my life. This is a safe place for me and for that, I am thankful.”
Leo is fire, so for this particular New Moon, I will be doing my intention work with a little added spark. These are some suggestions:
- Light a candle, under that glim of fire, write down your intentions on a piece of paper. Let that fire be your witness. When you have finished writing them down, burn them. Blow the candle out and imagine that smoke reaching the Universe and taking your intentions with it.
- If you have a journal, write your intentions down on it, with date and how you’re feeling. The more you write, the more you will have later on to come and check back on. Make sure that while writing your intentions, you focus on how you would feel if that had already come true. That vibration will attract it.
- Another way I’ve been close to my intentions is to write them down on a small piece of paper and fold it. Put it underneath the mattress or pillow cover, so it will be under my head when I sleep. This can be done on a sacred altar if you have any for manifestation work.
- A fun way to set intentions on this New Moon is to make a Vision Board. Imagine yourself doing all of these things, going to these places, achieving all of those goals. Really FEEL what it would feel like if it already came true, and place it somewhere where you’ll see it every day.
- If you’re feeling the green thumb, you can get creative and write your intentions on seeds you’d like to plant (literally), and plant them in the ground. This is a very mindful practice because you can see how much seeds grow when taken care of in real life, the same goes for the intentions that you set. It’s not just about planting and forgetting about it while you wait for it to come true. Same with manifesting!
I would strongly suggest that aside from your personal, individual intentions, this time, you also write down a list of collective intentions. What does this world need? What do you think could serve humanity right now? How will you be an example for your environment? How can we all raise our vibrations? That sort of mind set.
Let us let go of our egos a bit and focus on the greater good too.
If you have Tarot or Oracle decks, now is the time to bring them out and seek answers for what you wish to manifest, perhaps clarity on your intentions or just some good old advice from them. Here are a few that resonated with me for this moment.
Some wonderful spreads by Emerald Lotus Divination
If you have crystals, you can work with them before or after you set your intentions. Stones or crystals that serve the Leo energy are: Rose Quartz, Black Onyx, Carnelian or Tiger’s Eye. Use Rose Quartz to heal the heart and forgive, Carnelian to enhance your confidence, Onyx to ignite passion and power and Tiger’s Eye to manifest dreams and unblock creative abilities.
When finishing your ceremony, you can go ahead and close by saying this:
“I am open to receive that which is part of my path and destiny.
I welcome beginnings, changes and new adventures into my life.
I allow myself to be successful and happy.
I am powerful, passionate and prosperous.
I am not just an individual, but a part of a greater network that is affected by me.
I honor the world first by honoring myself.
I am the change that will affect this Earth and it’s creatures.
I allow my inner light to shine bright and I honor and am proud of who I really am.
I am courageous, bold and vanquish fears.
Leo’s Fire burns within me and will illuminate the world.”
Final word of advice: Clear baggage, release, connect to the energies available, listen to your body & intuition, feel and observe. And also, smile… good things are coming!